Monday 4 March 2013

Teenage girl addicted to eating deodorant: It just melts in my mouth


A teenage girl is attempting to kick a bizarre habit after becoming addicted to eating sticks of deodorant.
New York resident Nicole, 19, first began eating the substance at the age of four and is now gobbling up to 15 sticks a month.
She claims her life ‘revolves around eating deodorant’ from when she wakes up in the morning to before and after each meal.

‘My brain tells me, “you have to eat it”. I tried giving it up for a week but got really sick and had bad headaches,’ she explained.
‘When I realise I’m out of deodorant I panic. My anxiety goes crazy and I get really aggravated.
‘Without it, I’d be a totally different person.’

 
Her bizarre story features on US show My Strange Addiction which focuses on people with unusual compulsive behaviours.
She is regularly left with stomach cramps and a dry mouth from her obsession and even sprays it on her tongue when she is running low.
After being warned by a doctor about the potential dangers of deodorant eating, the teenager is attempting to cut down on her daily intake.
It doesn’t appear she will be able completely abstain from her craving completely anytime soon however.
‘It’s really soft. It feels like it melts in my mouth,’ she added. ‘It has its own unique taste.’

No comments:

Post a Comment